APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Ladder Art Space is situated close to Kew Junction, the Heart of Kew – a vibrant and busy shopping strip located in Melbourne’s inner eastern suburbs. Established in 2018, Ladder Art Space proudly exhibits the work of contemporary artists and designers in addition to offering art classes and workshops to the wider community. We aim to provide a friendly, professional and supportive environment to both new and established artists working in any media. Ladder Art Space is fully staffed, and artists are not required to gallery-sit.
At the moment the gallery comprises spaces on the ground level, which can be utilized separately, or as one total space. Each gallery space has good natural light as well as an adjustable lighting system.
Proposal Guidelines for exhibitions in the second half of 2022 and the first half of 2023
We are currently accepting proposals for final places in November – December 2022*, and the first half of 2023
*G1 is not available on these dates.
- Provide a listing in Art Guide/Art Almanac
- Create online exhibition catalogue
- Prepare an email exhibition invitation and distribute to our gallery database
- Promote your exhibition on our social media with boosted posts and advertising platforms
- Provide public liability insurance
- Provide installation advice to artists (artist is fully responsible for installation)
- Monitor the art works with 24-hour security cameras
- Supervise the gallery and sales
- Encourage and assist in the events associated with exhibitions (eg. artist talks)
- Opening, free drinks included (limited amount)
For an additional fee, Ladder Art Space are happy to:
- Run extra advertisements in Art Guide and Art Almanac
- Vinyl signage for street-window promotion
- Provide assistance with the preparation of artist/s statements
- Design and print hard copy invitations
- Support in producing associated events with exhibitions (eg. running workshops)
- Bar staff for opening night
As an exhibiting artist/curator, you are responsible for:
- Installing and de-installing your exhibition* (contract staff available for $70 p/h)
- Printing costs and distribution of hard copy invitations
- Arrangements and cost of transporting your work
- Storage of your packing materials
- Returning the gallery space to pre-exhibition condition on time
- Insurance of work
*Cable hanging system is available in all gallery spaces
- Gallery 1, 18 lm plus window
$975 per 3 weeks*
- Gallery 2, 11 lm plus window
$690 per 3 weeks
- Gallery 1 & 2, 29 lm plus windows in G 1 & 2
$1,480 per 3 weeks
- Gallery 3, 18 lm plus the wall in entrance (and the entrance area subject to availability)
$760 per 3 weeks
- Gallery 2 & 3, 32 lm plus the wall in entrance & window in G2 (and the entrance area subject to availability)
$1,380 per 3 weeks
*Including the installation and de-installation.
**All prices exclude GST
Commission: %30 (plus GST=33%)
The fee covers a three-week (three weekends) exhibition and installation inclusive of all services and support outlined before.
Gallery hours: Tuesday–Friday 12–6pm, Saturday 11am–6pm (3 pm on the last weekend of each exhibition for de-install)
Closed on Public Holidays
Information and prices while correct at the time of printing are subject to change. Please confirm details with gallery prior to applying.