APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN | 2021 EXHIBITION PROGRAM
Due to gallery closures, many of our 2020 exhibitions have been postponed until 2021; therefore available exhibition slots have been reduced. Being flexible with preferred exhibition dates in proposals will help us in having the successful applicants’ exhibitions.
Ladder Art Space is situated close to Kew Junction, the Heart of Kew – a vibrant and busy shopping strip located in Melbourne’s inner eastern suburbs. Established in 2018, Ladder Art Space proudly exhibits the work of contemporary artists and designers in addition to offering art classes and workshops to the wider community. We aim to provide a friendly, professional and supportive environment to both new and established artists working in any media. Ladder Art Space is fully staffed, and artists are not required to gallery-sit.
At the moment the gallery comprises spaces on the ground level, which can be utilized separately, or as one total space. Each gallery space has good natural light as well as an adjustable lighting system.
For more details and fees please download the proposal guideline
Here at Ladder Art Space, we are pleased to:
- Provide a listing in Art Guide/Art Almanac
- Create artists profile on our website, include images of exhibiting pieces, artists CV, artist statement, links, etc.
- Prepare an email exhibition invitation and distribute to our gallery database
- Promote your exhibition on our social media platforms
- Provide public liability insurance
- Provide installation advice to artists
- Monitor the art works with 24-hour security cameras
- Supervise the gallery and sales
- Encourage and assist in the events associated with exhibitions (eg. artist talks)
- Opening, including drinks (limited amount)
For an additional fee, Ladder Art Space are happy to:
- Run extra advertisements in Art Guide and Art Almanac
- Vinyl signage for street-window promotion
- Provide assistance with the preparation of artist/s statements
- Design and print hard copy invitations
- Support in producing associated events with exhibitions (eg. running workshops)
- Bar staff for opening night
As an exhibiting artist/curator, you are responsible for:
- Installing and de-installing your exhibition* (contract staff available for $70 p/h)
- Printing costs and distribution of hard copy invitations
- Arrangements and cost of transporting your work
- Storage of your packing materials
- Returning the gallery space to pre-exhibition condition on time.
- Insurance of work
*Cable hanging system is available in all gallery spaces
Information and prices while correct at the time of printing are subject to change. Please confirm details with gallery prior to applying.